Saturday, May 12, 2007

Gobo Fango Returns


I just got home from work to find a package sitting on the front step. It was from Wilma and addressed to our entire family.
In it was a number of things... for me, a 2007 calendar from Oakley that had "back in the day" pictures including one of the class of '81 (my class) when we were in the 4th grade. The package also included a cool diary for Creesh, a Missouri- St. Louis Mission tie tac for Mackenzie, a "touch it you can catch it" ball for Kevakin, an LDS music CD for ty called "Not Your Mother's LDS Music", and a really cool Oakley Valley Cook Book that had Deb's name on it. Which leads me to the picture... When we were in Oakley last we drove up to the cemetery on Kevin's 4-wheelers and visited some graves including the grave of Gobo Fango. I was shocked to see one of his recipes in the cook book. I think Gobo has been dead for nearly a hundred years???
Thanks to Mother Burch for all the cool stuff! It brought back many memories and made us extremely homesick.

No comments: