Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Men...?


I was just sitting here reading the blog thinking of Kevin & Kerry and how hard it must be living with a house full of girls. Even in our house (mainly male dominated) it sometimes becomes difficult with the differences in gender thinking.

So, for my brothers, I've written down a few things that have helped our girls when dealing with the men of the house.

1. I am not a mind reader. 2. Learn to use the toilet, if the seat is up just put it down... when I need to use it I will put it up again. 3. Crying is blackmail. 4. BSU and BYU football is like the full moon or changing of the tides, don't mess with it....whenever possible speak during the commercials. 5. Shopping is not a sport. 6. Ask for what you want, let me be clear on this one... subtle hints do not work, strong hints do not work, obvious hints do not work... just say it. 7. Come to me with a problem only if you want help solving it, thats what I do... if you want sympathy, catch me at work. 8. If something I said can be interpreted two ways and one of the ways makes you sad or angry, I meant the other one. 9. When we have to go somewhere, absolutely anything you wear is fine... Really! 10. I see things in 16 colors, like Windows default settings... Peach, for example, is a fruit, not a color. Pumpkin is also a fruit and I have no idea what mauve is. 11. If I ask you what is wrong and you say "nothing," I will act like nothings wrong. I know you are lying, but it is just not worth the hassle.

Well, brothers pass this along to the girls and see if it makes your life easier.
As for me, when Deb reads this I will be the one sleeping out on the couch with the boys. It will be like the "fathers and sons" campout only with a soft bed.

8 comments:

christy jensen said...

Was the picture taken before or after your injury? Thanks for the list of advise. I'm sure Jeff would agree wholeheartedly (especially the part about the toilet seat)

Kevin said...

That's great advise. I think I will give it to all my girls on my way out on a long business trip.

mom Tolmanb said...

good luck.

Douglas and Connie Jones Earl said...

Right on. You are the only one I know that has the courage and the stupidity to actually post those pearls of wisdom in written form. Go men!

Kerry said...

Willing to try anything!!

mom Tolmanb said...

I just realized how long that sounds that Mackenzie has six hundred and something days left!!! I don't think I could handle that if I was the mom. Just a thought.

Earl Family said...

Craig. Oh Craig. You sure know how to make me laugh. Thanks for the advise - It will help in dealing with my other half.

mom and dad said...

Thanks Craig, brings back good memories. love mom