Monday, July 30, 2007

Vacation .... just a memory

The one thing that makes you appreciate a good vacation is just going back to work. By the end of the day you wonder if you even went on vacation.

Our family talked about what the best part of the vacation was and here are the responses:
Craig: The 4-Wheeler Trips
Deb: Being able to see everyone.
Tyler: Date at the City of Rocks
Creesh: Shopping with Wendy and the trip to Willow Creek.
Kevakin: Riding Motorcycles at the Burch reunion and his baptism.... he said "you know I've waited all my life to be baptized".

It was all a great experience and like Deb said... it was GREAT seeing everyone!
Tonight we called Jeanne Trulove (Mackenzie's first confirmation) on the phone. I can see why Mackenzie has fallen in love with her. She has a special sweetness to her and sings the praises of Elder Morrison.... What parent wouldn't fall in love as well? She invited us back to Missouri when we pick Mackenzie up and asked us to keep in touch. What a sweetheart!

6 comments:

mom Tolmanb said...

That was so touching what Colton said about waiting to be baptized.I chuckled out loud. It sounds like you helped the whole family enjoy themselves with all the "favorite" comments. I wish I could come live with you Craig and Deb. You have all the fun. Love ya, Aunt Sherie

Earl Family said...

We loved seeing you too. I am so happy we were able to get together and make some more memories for your top ten list. Now just move to Oakley - It can be a race to see who gets to Mom and Dad's property first. On your mark....get set.....GO!

Kindall Klan said...

That's so awesome! It's a bird, it's a plane, it's SUPER MISSIONARY :) Great job to Mackenzie!!!

christy jensen said...

I don't doubt that Kenz will touch many many more! You can tell from his letters that he on fire with the gospel. I have to say that my favorite part of your vacation was having Tyler mysteriously appear on stage.

Kevin said...

Was that your vacation? I thought it was mine.

I took Tasha up to the Dam for our youth boating trip tonight, and I told her she must have made a big impression with Ty, because he wants to come to school in Oakley.

mom and dad said...

Sure was fun having the family home. Too bad it went so fast and that we really didn't get to spend much time with you guys. Well maybe next time. At least we did get to see you.Thanks for coming to the church ranch to see us. Also sorry the alergies were so bad. Hope you are better now. Come again though. Love mom