Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Pig Out !


We spent the weekend in Spokane at "Pig Out In The Park" an event where 75 different bands played and a place to sample several different types of food. It was a great time and now we have to get back to the grind. We also purchased some tie-dyed clothes -- Creesh is very proud of her new multi colored pajamas.

We just had the missionaries over for dinner and had a good visit.
Speaking of missionaries, we just received an email from Jeannie Trulove, a new member of the church that Mackenzie helped teach.
As of last week, Mackenzie got transferred, and below is a copy of the letter we received:


Hi Debbie: I spoke with Elder Morrison (Mackenzie) I don’t know if I spelled his name right? I talked with him Monday night. He is not in my sister’s ward, but they share the same church. How incredible is that? The great thing is that my sister had her elders over for dinner Friday night, and invited Mackenzie and his partner, Elder Durham as well. We had a great time. I really miss Mackenzie. He is so humble and appreciative and laughs at almost everything. I think he misses Chesterfield. He mentioned my husband Ron and how he cooked such great B-B-Q. Ron told me a couple of days ago, he missed Mackenzie, too.
He is actually in a pretty good area. It’s safe and has a lot of young families. If he needs anything, he knows I will be there. And now, he has my sister, too. It has to be so tough on these guys. I know it’s a great privilege to serve and he has really become very dedicated. I don’t know how you do it. He is not even my son, and I worry terribly. He loves his family so much. He talks constantly about Moses Lake. I hope we can visit some time.
My husband is still having a hard time adjusting to my converting. I don’t know that he ever will accept it. I am trying to be strong, and I hope he doesn’t make me choose. I hope all is well with you, Craig and your family. I just wanted to touch base and let you know that Mackenzie is doing well. He sure loves his family. I will continue to keep in touch and make sure he is okay. I am going to send him cards once in awhile that will hopefully make him laugh. Please don’t hesitate to call or E-mail me if you need me to do anything. Having two sons myself, I admire you for encouraging Mackenzie and supporting him on this incredible mission.
I will keep in touch.. Jeanne J

4 comments:

Kindall Klan said...

awwww.....aren't ya just so proud you could burst??????

Earl Family said...

Golly...I can barely read through the tears. I am so proud of that little *ok-not so little* missionary. Good work guys! Tyler - you have some big shoes to fill.

mom and dad said...

Well wasn't that a great letter. We are proud of our little guy. He has made quite an impression on those people there. Maybe her husband just needs some time. She needs to get acquainted with the new missionaries that took Mackenzies place, maybe they can continue to teach her husband. There will be someone out there that will touch him. It sounds like Mackenzie will be taken care of. That's great. Thanks for sharing. Love mom

mom Tolmanb said...

Wow, what a good missionary!! Proud of you Mackenzie. It makes me have so many mixed emotions. It will be just a blink of the eye when Rick is there. Tears! Tears! But happy ones too. How are you holding up Deb?? Hard sometimes?? Call,I have a shoulder. Love Aunt Sherie