Thursday, October 11, 2007

Letter from Elder Morrison

Transfers yesterday.
Elder Durham is gone now, and i'm still in st. peters. my new companion is Elder Smith, from Rexburg. he's kinda femmie though. oh, well, i suppose i can live with it. the transfer meeting was huge. all but 6 companionships were changed. it was pretty crazy.
today we went and played roller hockey in Warrenton again. i played goalie again. we also played some flag football. too bad Alex couldnt be there. he got transferred to what we like to call "outer darkness". it's a little place called poplar bluff, and is about as close an area as the mission has to Arkansas. so they're pretty far south.
sorry, there arent really any good experiences to be shared at the moment. i cant really think of anything that's happened that's of even the smallest interest. we just keep truckin' along. being only on bikes is really starting to annoy me, but i'm doing ok.
haha, the guy sitting next to me right now is listening to heavy metal in headphones, and he has no problem singing a little here and there and banging his head. so that's kinda funny.
well, maybe you didnt get my thing last time, but i'm gonna be needing my coat here pretty soon. right now its only about 60, which means here in a week or so it could drop lower than that. with the coat, can you send me some of the talks on cd that i have? like 'what i wish i knew before my mission' and stuff. they should be in my cd's, wherever those ended up. tic-tacs would be good too.
i hope you got my package. if not, there's one on the way. its basically all my mail, so you can store that away, but there's some other stuff in there. you can listen to the tape. that covers the MTC and Chesterfield. the singing (terrible singing, i might add) is when me and Elder Andersen performed in sacrament meeting. it started off bad, and we just ended up bombing it. i played the piano.
well, that's about all from here in St. Pete's. love you all, and am happy to hear from home.
Elder Morrison

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing! Always good to hear from our missionary!
Lorilee & family

mom and dad said...

Thanks for the letter. I did get him one sent off on Thurs. but I didn't know what time of day he does his email. He sounds good. Love you all, mom and grandma