Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Elder Morrison Update... a letter from Jeanne

Hi Debbie:

Well, your boy is doing fantastic. My son, Chad and I went to Sullivan yesterday to pick up Elder Anglesy and “Kenz” so they could attend Temple and the holiday festivities at the Mission Home, which is about 15 minutes from my home. He is so happy in Sullivan. Happier than I have ever seen him. His roomie, Elder “Mike” Anglesy is so nice. Almost a perfect match for Kenz. It was about an hour drive back to the Temple from Sullivan and we both didn’t stop talking. I think Mike and Chad were ready to give Mackenzie and I the boot out the door. But, that is just too bad, we had a lot of catching up to do. The apartment is really large and Mackenzie and Mike did a great job of decorating with Christmas lights inside and out. In fact, their apartment was easy to find since it was the only one decorated outside. J

I can’t believe how much has happened since Mackenzie went on his mission. I don’t believe in coincidence. You telling me all of these stories about people you haven’t seen in years and now they appear out of nowhere in connection to the people in Sullivan. WOW !

He did not complain at all about his knees, so I think he is improving there. He had made himself sweet and sour chicken for breakfast and brought it with him. You really raised a boy that is pretty self sufficient. This mission has really given him a lot more confidence than when I first met him. He just misses his family so much that when I go see him, I think he feels a connection because he knows you and I E-mail each other a lot. He got his gifts. The boys really look forward to getting things from their families. I noticed some of the boys at the Mission House were already opening theirs. I think if they got a sack of coal, they would still be grateful since it was from ‘HOME”. Mackenzie is spending Christmas at a home in Sullivan. There is a grandma who has taken a liking to Mike and Mackenzie. So, I will be seeing Kenz and Mike on the following Thursday (P-day) to celebrate.

He sends lots of hugs and kisses. So do Ron and I.

Love,

Jeanne

3 comments:

Fairbank Family said...

Doesn't that just burst your buttons! Glad that Kenz is doing good and has someone to watch over him. I know that makes a huge difference on both sides. :)

Anonymous said...

yes i did have sweet and sour chicken for breakfast...

Earl Family said...

That is so great to have someone take an interest and take care of Kenz. I know how it helps to have someone take care of them. It sounds like Jeanne and Ron will be a friend forever. It sounds good that Kenz likes his companion too. Sweet and Sour for breakfast, gee grandpa would rather have potatoes and gravy for breakfast too. Glad to hear things are good. We are doing good here at the Earl's too. Things are very good. Jason has been sick and KaeLynn is getting better. Kids are doing just what they are ask. They are a good bunch. Abigail is soooooooooo fun. Christmas doll all the way. Love mom