Thursday, December 4, 2008

Letter from Elder Morrison

hey, just letting you know that i got in a car accident today. i'm fine, and so is everyone else, but i may have to be paying for a ticket.
i was in an older car taking it to get looked at. this was one of our cars for sale and had expired plates by 11 months. the car has been sitting in the lot for i think over a year. i got the ice off the window as best i could, but some was still on there as we were going. then i found the windshield wiper on the drivers side didnt work, so i couldnt get the ice/water off the windshield. i was trying to figure out how i was going to get it off, and then i saw a stopped car in front of me. i hit the brakes just before i hit the car in front of me. our car had relatively little damage, but the airbag in the steering wheel deployed. the car in front of me was in bad shape though, and the 2 front airbags deployed. as far as i can tell, nobody was hurt. i went to bed early last night, around 9:00. i can no longer drive on my mission, so i dont know if they'll be transferring me or not. transfers are tomorrow, but it may be a late transfer. i got ticketed for 'failure to keep proper lookout', 'expired plates', and 'expired insurance'. the mission will cover the fees for expired things, but i may have to pay for my ticket.
i didnt get anything telling me the amount of the fee, if there is one, but i have a court summons on the 17th at 7 pm.
as for me, i'm doing fine. i havent had any effects, other than just being in low spirits and being a little paranoid when i get in a car. i'm sure these will clear up soon enough.
also just so you know, i went to the dentist last week, and had 9 cavities.
i got 5 of them filled this morning, and have an appointment for tomorrow for the rest
Love Elder Morrison
PS - I'm being transferred tomorrow.
here's my new address:
Elder Morrison
c/o Eric Stokes
527 santschi dr.
Herculaneum, MO 63048

2 comments:

mom and dad said...

So sorry, Elder Kenz. Cheer up, at least you weren't hurt. Cars are just things. We love you and praying for you. Love grandma and grandpa

mom Tolmanb said...

Wow, I just tuned into this blog. I thought I was keeping up but missied this one. I am so sorry!! That must have been a pretty hard experience. Accidents happen Elder Morrison, you are still a wonderful missionary. That's a bummer about the teeth too. You've had a trying month! You're in my prayers.