Monday, March 2, 2009

Letter from Elder Morrison

so i was almost done with my email, and then the computer messed up and closed the internet, so i have to write it all again.
this week has been really hectic. it's been very stressful for me.
frustrations of learning a new area when you didnt want to leave the old one, as well as getting a new companion when you didnt want to leave the old one, and living in an apartment when you wanted to stay with the family you were with. i kinda put up this mental block of "i dont want to do anything with anyone here. i'll be here for 3 months and then go home, and nobody's going to care". i have started to let that block down, but part is still up.
i went to a counselor at LDS family services, and he was a really nice guy.
he told me to write in my journal 5/7 days a week, and see if it helps. it's made me love writing in my journal. at least for now. in the last 4 days, i've written 12 pages, compared to the 3 i wrote for the previous week combined. i write in it in the morning, at lunch, at dinner if we are home for dinner, and at bedtime. it really helps. it's kindof a way to talk about my problems without talking to anyone about my problems. phone calls to mission friends help too.

my new address is:
132 Mystic Cove
O'Fallon, MO 63368

we will be moving this month, and will let you know the new address.
it sucks to hear about all the trials the family is facing at this point. i dont know that me being home would help anything, but i am really wanting to come home now. i just dont want to deal with it much anymore, which has a lot i think to do with the depression. hopefully in the next couple of weeks, i'll start turning around and the medication will help. i pray for the family all the time. know that i love you a lot!

my companion is Elder Tolman from Vale, OR. he's a very red personality. we started out a little rough, but we're getting better now. he'll probably only be here until the end of the transfer, and then i'll have one more comp before i come home. i'm almost to 2 hands on weeks left. how about that?

i sent the letter for paul lauzier. i hope it gets there soon. i printed off 2, just in case i did something wrong.

hope things are going relatively well for you this week, and i guess i'll type at you next week!
love you,
Elder Morrison

3 comments:

kim said...

Hi Morrison's! My name is Kim Taylor. We live in Festus MO and we miss elder Morrison!! We were next to have the elder's move into our home and were completely shocked when he got transfered. We were so looking foreward to having him here. He is a great missionary. I have a pictuer of him on my blog pushing my daughter Addie and her friend Hayden (Who is the son of the family he lived with) on the swings. If you would like to check it out our address is www.addieandcallen.blogspot.com I hope he does well in O'fallon. It is a great area. My in-laws live there and I love it there. Let me know if there is anything that would cheer him up that I can do and the next time I go to O'Fallon I will stop by. You have a great son. Talk to you soon.
-Kim Taylor

kim said...

p.s. We have Elder Anderson living in our home right now and he is such a delight. Maybe you can give me some dirt on him? Just kidding?
-kim

mom Tolmanb said...

Elder Morrison, I so hope you can find some light for 3 more months.It must be hard to be moved all the time.YOU're in my prayers. Hey, I think your companion is a relative. You'll have to ask him some general geneology questions.Hang tight.Have a visual of Heavenly Father in your sights. Love ya