Wednesday, November 14, 2007

First Hockey Game of the Season !

I hate to brag... well I like to brag on my kids, but this time I am bragging on me.
It was a great night in the goalie crease tonight. I had 31 shots on goal and let 6 get by. I didn't think it was to bad for the first time and neither did the other 2 goalies. Their numbers were a bit better than mine. One let 4 by and the other let 5. I didn't know what their shots on goal came to but I believe it couldn't have been much different.
I'm posting this picture to remind me what my catch glove looked like after the first night. Several puck catches marked it up a bit. The worst was the skate cut on the upper edge.
As for injuries... I took a 90 mile per hour puck on the right side of my mask. I still just hear ringing in that ear. Perhaps it's mom saying I'm a ding dong. Anyway, I hope it is better by tomorrow night when Spencer and I take our "Mancation" to Eugene, OR to hear Hot Buttered Rum. A deaf ear would not be the thing to have. Unless your deb at the concert, then she would appreciate it.
Well, enough is enough... Tyler plays in goal tomorrow night for his first time, wish I could be around to see it. I'm sure he'll do a lot better than dad.
Until next time...Keep that five hole closed and keep your stick blade flat on the ice.

5 comments:

Fairbank Family said...

How can I get one of these "Mancation" things, except girls only? I need a womancation! Oh well, I am working on Saturday, guess that's good enough. :)

Earl Family said...

Oh Craig. You bleed the Yellow blood. Nothing slows you down. I wish I had 1/4 of your ambition and drive. I could conquer the world. Good luck to TY. I think that is awesome you guys play hockey. Have fun on your "mancation". Maybe you need to pour a little hot, buttered rum in your ear to make that ringing go away. Have a good time. KK

mom and dad said...

Good job Craig. Hope Ty does well, guess you will report to us ok? Have a good vacation. Hope we get to see you play hockey this year. does Spencer play hockey also?Does Deb take the pictures? Tell her to send us a few. Be careful. Love mom

mom and dad said...

PS: Did Elder Mackenzie have a letter for us on the 15th? Missed it. Love mom

Kevin said...

Sounds like fun brother. Wish I could be there to play with you. What happens if you get a call? Do you show up in your hockey gear?